40 Gigabit Switch for the ZX2000
At a Glance:
- Fast, simple upgrade of Ultra5™ ZX2000 blade server platform from 10G fabric connection to 40G
- High Performance, low power Intel® processor
- Unprecedented level of platform integration by running applications on ATCA switch
- Enhanced virtualization technology
- Up to 480G on the backplane for demanding data plane applications
- 40G backplane switching to six node slots
- Intel® Atom™ processor C2000 with up to 8 cores at 2.4GHz
- Four QSFP 40G ports on front panel
- OpenArchitect® Switch Management with virtualization
- Integrated Pigeon Point Shelf manager Mezzanine
The ZNYX ZX2040 AdvancedTCA® (ATCA) hub switch enables the Ultra5™ ZX2000 5U ATCA blade server platform to be upgraded quickly and easily from a 10G fabric connection to a 40G solution. With the ZX2040, the ZX2000 5U ATCA blade server can provide up to 480G on the backplane to fulfill the most demanding data plane applications. The 8 core Intel® Atom™ processor C2000 delivers high performance with low power consumption, which ensures a cost–effective performance hub switch for ZNYX customers.
A New Level of Density
With an integrated shelf manager, the ZX2040 achieves an unprecedented level of platform integration empowering customers to run their applications directly on the ATCA switch. This new level of density moves management software from line cards to the hub slot, freeing valuable resources for revenue producing operations.
The ZX2040 switch delivers all of the managed infrastructure of a full–size ATCA chassis on a half size card. The 40Gbit Switch Fabric (A) offers service for all six payload slots, as well as four 40Gbit Front Panel QSFP ports (E).
The embedded Intel® Atom™ C2000 8 Core processor (C) runs the OpenArchitect® switch management for high availability and packet vectoring in a virtual machine. The included KVM hypervisor allows customers to run their own applications directly on the ZX2040 for additional cost savings and better platform integration. Local mass storage (B) is included through the high–speed, high–reliability mSATA SSD.
The onboard Pigeon Point ShMM–700R Shelf Manager (D) monitors all of the hardware elements within the chassis and can be provisioned to protect and report devices with health issues.
The ZX2040 is a game-changer for intermediate–sized platforms. Users can now realize significant compute resources in the chassis even before the first payload board is added, and gain a tremendous advantage over the competition using processors that do not have virtualization features.